Rackspace Cloud is a group of cloud computing services for building, hosting and managing cloud-based organizations. Rackspace’s "Cloud Servers" infrastructure service allows consumers to directly ramp up or scale down any number of virtual servers as needed, providing elastic cloud-based infrastructures with high levels of accessibility. This service includes a Cloud Servers API lets operators simply build, configure, and manage VMs. Meanwhile, Rackspace’s "Cloud Sites" PaaS (Platform-as-a-service) allows application developers to build out intricate applications without having to worry about underlying infrastructure and provides them with compute, storage, and bandwidth resources, unrestricted databases and sites, and reseller abilities for client billing and technical support. Rackspace Cloud offers additional services and tools designed to manage cloud security, build APIs, and create databases and other infrastructure components. Rackspace bills consumers on a utility computing base.
Rackspace Cloud Control consists of three main elements: auto installer, server monitor, and configuration panel. The first automates and shortens the creation and configuration of ready products. The second one lets you monitor status and allow your Rackspace servers to your clients. In the configuration panel, you can adapt the module and modify it to your needs and the necessities of your clients.
Some Features and interest facts about Rackspace
- Cloud Sites: this is a PaaS offering, giving access to a hustled infrastructure setup.
- RackSpace Performance Cloud Server with high-performance, RAID 10-protected SSD storage, redundant 10Gb networking, Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 extreme processors, ECC memory, and redundant power.
- Increase the PHP memory limit.
- With a range of load balancer, app server, cache server, and database ServerTemplates, RightScale offers you the reference architectures to increase and running fast with Rackspace cloud management.
- Offsite backups with 2-week retention for weekly full and daily differential images.
- Real-Time Business Metrics; CloudBerry Explorer; Integrated With Advanced Billing For WHMCS - Server Resource Usage Billing
- Comparable to EC2. This is the brand name for a combined cloud service for server computing solutions.
- Daily malware and anti-virus scanning.
- Distributed call graphs; CloudBerry Backup; It offers the following generic-sounding services; Proactive remote monitoring and automatic alerts.
- The joint name for applications and services to run on Cloud Servers.
- You can create a cohesive hybrid cloud environment across Rackspace Cloud, Rackspace Managed, OpenStack, vSphere environments and other public clouds. Supports Next Generation Cloud Servers Based On OpenStack API
- Unlimited incoming data transfer and 100GB outbound transfer.
- Rackspace cloud was born in 2006 and has 7 large data centers throughout the world.
- The profit of the company in Q1 2013 was about $27 million
The App Dynamics Rackspace Cloud Connector Extension offers the capacity to monitor and manage your critical cloud-based applications, guarantee application performance pre and post-cloud migration, and take full advantage of cloud resistance with automatic scaling.
- Obsessive focus on customer service.
- Better for mid-sized organizations.
- More stable than AWS; fewer service outages.
- Generally more expensive than AWS.
- Smaller than AWS offers a smaller range of global data centers.
- Much fewer developers on board.
You need to grow and modernize to be prosperous. But the cloud is as complex as it is powerful. At DESSS our experts are certified in all the leading cloud technologies. We can help you to be successful.