KEPServerEX 5 is a software program developed by Kepware. The most common release is 5.19.467.0, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. During setup, the program makes a startup registration point in Windows to automatically start when any user starts the device. Simultaneous being installed, the software sum a Windows Service which is planned to run nonstop in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functions correctly. It adds a background controller service that is set to mechanically run. Postponing the start of this service is possible thru the service manager. The main executable is named ActivationClientIco.exe. The setup package generally installs about 54 files and is usually about 30.28 MB (31,754,861 bytes). Comparative to the general usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 53% of users of KEPServerEX 5 come from the United States, it is also popular in Mexico and Canada.
The most recent generation of Kepware's OPC server technology, KEPServerEX, was planned to permit users to fast set up communications from equipment to control systems and business systems via an extensive range of existing attachment device drivers and components. Kepware has released their first update for 2016 of its flagship product KepserverEX, the award-winning and engineer preferred OPC Server.
Kepware releases 3 updates a year, through which they address bug fixes and enhancements. They present new drivers and plug-ins that supplementary improve the connectivity of their OPC server.
With version 5.20, Kepware addresses crucial developments, present extra device and Internet of things connectivity for users in numerous vertical industries, including Building Automation, Manufacturing, and Petroleum.
- Sophisticated access control to the server, data source, and data values.
- It is available just in english (United States)
- Centralized Communications.
- A single communications platform simplifying communications management.
- KEPServerEX contains a diversity of tools that control user access to the server, data source, or data values, control read/write access, deliver the ability to disconnect costumer applications, and support the configuration of secure.
- Compatible with leading hypervisors, like Hyper-V and VMware, for malleable disposition on public and private clouds.
- Efficient interface for simple installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster control.
- KEPServerEX simplifies the configuration of connected applications by offering a single point of entry to all information.
- Accessible unified architecture, providing the flexibility to integrate drivers and consume multiple protocols in a single server
- Tested & approved for industrial use.
- KEPServerEX isolates device and application communications for damage, offering OPC diagnostics for current-time and historical views of OPC events and communications diagnostics to catch the protocol frames transported.
- Greater messaging security via SSL and TLS for secure, authenticated, and encrypted communications across various network topological structure.
- KEPServerEX delivers the connectivity, and performance vital by the contemporary companies, providing competitive aids that can be experienced from the plant floor to IT to the boardroom.
- Integrates with IT applications for discernibility into resources on the plant floor at any period and from any place.
- KEPServerEX improves communications and minimize network and device load via data conditioning and reduction, adapted load balancing, and protocol-specific communications optimization.
Kepware is one of the most important software in communication for automation and provides a exclusive practice in both OPC and implanted device communications. Applications include M2M (Machine to Machine) and M2E (Machine to Enterprise) communications. Operating system support contains; Microsoft Windows Desktop, Windows Server and Windows Embedded (Windows CE and Windows Embedded NT/XP). Currently, with over 140 communication protocols, and thru the efforts of our direct sales, distribution and embedded partners, Kepware is the leading provider of communications with annual consignments beyond 100,000 units. Kepware's approachability to client’s necessities and robust association with other important automation providers guarantees that your next application will be a victory